Wednesday, October 4, 2017

San Francisco to San Diego and Lots More Lane Splitting!




Today was another exciting day, and I still haven't left the US!

I woke up and enjoyed some fresh fruit and an energy drink for breakfast before loading the bike up.  Yohan was nice enough to ride with me out of town on his way to work, so I followed him through the San Francisco morning commute. 

Eventually Yohan turned off and headed to work, while I continued south towards LA.  The roads were really nice, it is all farmland, but you also ride through some nice hills as you circle San Luis Reservoir moving towards Los Banos.  As you ride through the farmland you smell all of the fresh fruit.  Life seems slower through this area, and you have a hard time believing you are in California. 

As I ventured further south, I saw more of the LA area sites I am used to, like Magic Mountain in Valencia.  Traffic was pretty smooth the full way down to LA as well. 

Once in LA I stopped by the Corey Helford Gallery to see their collection of D*Face paintings as well as their mural on the side of the building.  I have been a big D*Face fan for a while now, so it was really cool to see his works in person.  I would highly suggest stopping by there if any of you live near LA. 

As soon as I left the gallery, I was back on the road escaping LA.  Traffic had started to pile up, but I was able to use my newly acquired lane splitting skills to get to Oceanside where I ran my fuel range down to 0 before coasting into the Chevron station.

I have family in San Diego, so their home was the goal for tonight.  As an added bonus, our old dog Senna lives here, so I get to hang out with her tonight before I head off to Mexico in the morning. 

We enjoyed Rubios and Cold Stone tonight, but now it is time to check the chain, the tires, the fluids, and update my blog.

So far so good!






  



Today's Budget: 3 Gas fill ups: $54, Mcdonalds: $7, Rubios for Dinner: $13 
Miles Traveled: 550
Avg Speed 74mph
Fuel Efficiency: 39.1 mpg

No comments:

Post a Comment