Saturday, October 14, 2017

Day 11- Guatemala City

Last night didnt go so well.  I went to bed a little early, finding that the bed had no sheets, and no pillow, and there was no one there to ask to give them to me.  Oh well, I would just sleep in my clothes, no big deal.  Everyone else in the hostel decided they wanted to make noise and stay up until 6 am.  I have a personal rule of not going on rides without sleep, so even though I had planned to ride to El Salvador today,  I decided to just get a hotel in Guatemala City and take a day to sleep. 

Riding into the city is something else.  You climb a hill and the clouds kind of part, and you get an amazing view of Guatemala City.  The road winds down from the crest and drops you into the city.  The there are not really any amazing architectural feats, but the city is certainly large and has a bit of everything. 

I checked into the hotel, unloaded the bike, and then went to the KTM dealer across the street to take a look at their set up and take a few pictures.  I even asked if I could put the bike in the service drive for a picture, because they had a decent backdrop.  They told me that they couldn't allow it because my bike was not a KTM -_-

After the very strange experience at the Guatemala KTM Flagship store, I headed back to the hotel for some much needed R & R.  I slept basically through the day and then walked to Los Proceres Mall to have some dinner in the food court.  It was surprisingly good!

After dinner, I was off to bed and ready for tomorrow!









No comments:

Post a Comment